BuildTech Asia 2020 (POSTPONED)
The 9th edition of BuildTech Asia is the one-stop platform where over 300 international and regional brands will gather to engage with the key industry stakeholders across the regional Built Environment value-chain.
BuildTech Asia 2020 will showcase the latest products, services, smart solutions and technology innovation across the entire building life-cycle through the 6 exhibit profiles such as onsite construction machinery & equipment, building materials & solutions, architectural & quality finishes, productive technologies, facilities management, and infrastructure products and services all under one roof!
Singapore Industry Market Outlook and Updates
Singapore Construction industry remains strong
- Building & Construction Authority (BCA) projected total construction demand in 2019 to range between S$27 billion and S$32 billion.*
- Steady improvement in construction demand forecast to be between S$27 billion and S$35 billion yearly from 2020 to 2023.*
- Singapore’s construction industry will grow at an annual average of 2.8% in real terms between 2018 and 2022. The infrastructure component of this will outperform, averaging 3.3% real growth over the same period.**
Singapore Construction Industry Transformation Map (ITM) efforts
BCA focus on digitalising with industrial partners,
- 40 – 60 Integrated Digital Delivery (IDD) projects to be implemented by 2020.*
- Info-communications Media Development Authority (IMDA) partners BCA to set aside S$4 million to support the development of digital platforms.*
- S$12 million funding to boost skills as construction sector gears up for high-tech future, from labour intensive methods to more “smart” processes in enhancing construction productivity.
Source by *BCA ** Singapore Construction Forecast by FitchSolutions